Monday, February 10, 2014

The Future Starts Today!!

What is leverage in today's very fast moving and sometimes volatile marketplace? Oxford defines it as:
A) The exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever 
B) The power to influence a person or situation to achieve a particular outcome
C) Finance the ratio of a company’s loan capital (debt) to the value of its common stock (equity).2.1the use of credit or borrowed capital to increase the earning potential of stock.
D) Use (something) to maximum advantage

Now it makes sense to all of us I'm sure, to use as little as possible to achieve what it is we want, correct?? I want to focus on C) and D) so let's look at it in a way to effect a greater cash flow coming to us in other words, maximize earning using minimal financial exertion. Now that's something that we can all understand. When I first heard that many years ago I felt that it was "language" for bankers, investment people etc. and it didn't concern me because very simply, I was on the "45 year plan" that my father talked about. Work 45 years and retire and live comfortably from there on. My father was an immigrant whom came to this country in 1949 on an 8 day voyage in a cattle boat,  imagine that in today's environment, and to his credit, made a success of the American Dream in his terms. To this day my wish is to be half as good as that man and I will consider my life a success. He will always be my ultimate roll model.  
But things have changed, people no longer immigrate in "cattle boats" and the "American Dream" has changed. It's now alive and growing in other area's like technology and the Internet .
Very honestly, where do you want to be to "LEVERAGE" that advantage and position yourself to be at the forefront of THE NEW AMERICAN DREAM!! Young, Gen Y, X or Baby Boomer like myself, it is still possible here. 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment